Thursday, August 29, 2013

The End Of The World...



Janet Cameron is a Canadian writer living in Dublin. Her first novel, Cinnamon Toast and the End of the World, was published by Hachette Ireland and was also one of the 2012 winners of the Irish Writers' Centre's inaugural Novel Fair.

Cinnamon Toast and the End of the World has got amazing reviews - astonishingly good....a juicy coming-of-age story...an important read.Witty, devastating, with a melancholy humour... It tells the story of a small town kid coming of age in the late 1980's against the backdrop of the beautiful Annapolis Valley in Nova Scotia. You can hear Janet read from her book at the Irish Writers Centre in Dublin on Saturday at one o clock, its a free event and everyone is welcome. And I'll be there too.


I'm over at Janet Cameron's Literary love Fest today talking about zombies and the opening credits of my (imaginary, as yet) movie The Herbalist. Let me know what you think of my music choice :) You can read the Love Fest Here

2 comments:

Old Kitty said...

I wanna read this now too! Yay!

Take care
x

Janet E.C. said...

OOh, wonderful! Thank you so much! I don't know why I'm only seeing this now, but that's the internet for you. Seriously, thanks!

Still here...

Yes, I’m still here! And still writing... I decided to reawaken the blog as I miss its old style, slow style - which suits my own at the mom...