Monday, July 24, 2017

Beginners Fiction...

Beginners Fiction with Niamh Boyce

Starts: Tue 19 Sept 2017
Time: 6.30pm – 8.30pm
Duration: 10 Weeks
Cost: €280/€260 Members
Venue: Irish Writers Centre
                          No. 19 Parnell Square, Dublin


One of the (many!) great things about finishing a novel is being able to concentrate on short fiction, and having time to teach. I'm delighted to delivering this workshop at the Irish Writers Centre in September, its a place that's been good to me. The Writers Centre's inaugural Novel Fair was where I met my publishers Penguin, which led to the publication of my debut, The Herbalist.  The course is for beginners. No matter how long I've been writing, I find coming back to a beginners mind is essential (and exciting) - as Natalie Goldberg says  - " Each time is a new journey with no maps"... 


Course Description...

Suitable for those new to writing, and getting back to writing.
Fun but focused, the core of this course will be weekly writing exercises. Through these, participants will create, and shape new fictions. These might grow into flash pieces, short stories, monologues, rants or chapters. Each writer will work towards completing their piece over the course of the ten weeks. Basic character development, voice, point of view, story and setting will also be discussed. 

A Hennessy New Irish Writer of the Year 2012. Niamh’s novel, The Herbalist (Penguin Ireland) was an Irish Book Awards winner and shortlisted for an IMPAC Award.

 For more information on the course click - Here
For more about my Bio and training click - Here

The Irish Writers Centre - 01 872 130




No comments:

Still here...

Yes, I’m still here! And still writing... I decided to reawaken the blog as I miss its old style, slow style - which suits my own at the mom...