Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Over The Edge Reading in Galway


I've been a terrible blogger recently, but I'm working on my novel and spending any free time writing myself closer to the finishing line, and you know what summer is like for trying to juggle... So, I just wanted to get the word out about a reading I'm doing in Galway city...its on Thursday the 30th June and features some amazing writers -

Salmon Poetry recently published Susan Millar DuMars fourth collection of poems Bone Fire. Paul Duffy was 2015 Over The Edge New Writer of The Year, and will read his winning story. William Wall is the author of four novels, including This is the Country (Sceptre), which was long-listed for the Man Booker Prize! Michael J. Whelan joined the Irish Defence Forces in 1990, serving on tours of duty as a United Nations Peacekeeper. Michael’s debut poetry collection ‘Peacekeeper’ is recently published by the most excellent Doire Press. 

The deadline for this years international Over The Edge Writer of the Year Competition, which I'm judging, is Wednesday 23rd August. So still plenty of time to release your poems and stories into the world :)

The Galway Independent featured the reading in today's edition.  

No comments:

Still here...

Yes, I’m still here! And still writing... I decided to reawaken the blog as I miss its old style, slow style - which suits my own at the mom...