Irish Writing Today

 
 
La Belle Et La Bete
 
The Irish Independent have published  their second issue of 'Hennessy Irish Writing Today'.

Edited by Ciaran Carty and Dermot Bolger, the magazine features 14 contributors, including seven short story writers and five poets, and I'm thrilled, honored and mildly hysterical to be one of them, though you wouldn't know it to look at me! (below)  It also has fascinating interviews with the publishers of The SHOp, and of Pillar Press.

I've two poems in the magazine- The Beast, a piece inspired by Jean Cocteau's 1946 film La Belle et la Bete, (but my 'Beauty' much prefers her old Beast to the new handsome prince) and 'I Was Swallowed By A Harry Clarke Window.'  (which is a true story...honest) 
 

Comments

Old Kitty said…
Awwwww Niamh is that you?!?!!? Awwww smile!! LOL!!

But seriously!! Huge huge congratulations!!

You know, secretly I always thought the Beast a better more thrilling catch than the Prince.

Take care
x
Louise said…
You're amazing and well done!!!! L
Mari G said…
Oh Niamh - what an achievement! Front page of biggest selling Irish Newspaper...and a fab photo at that!
I love the poems, esp The Beast is Dead..very gothic.
And as for the line up, it must be a dream come true to see your name amongst all the literary glitterati and well deserved!
Congrats.
Unknown said…
You're in excellent company there, Niamh. Fabulous homage to Harry Clarke. Well done!
Paddy Smith said…
Niamh, you've come a long way since I first met you at a Boyne Berries launch about 3 or 4 years ago. I'm delighted for you. I'm also pleased that I know a Cover Girl!
Words A Day said…
thanks so much for your comments:)

Popular Posts