Bio, Book Club Questions...

▼

Good News!


I'm delighted to annnounce that Penguin Ireland have bought my novel The Herbalist, and it will be published in 2013!

From the press release:

"The Herbalist is a vivid and atmospheric story set in a midlands town over a summer in late 1930s. An Indian man appears in the market square, sets up a stall and declares himself a herbalist. The people of the town flock to the exotic visitor, who seems to have a cure for everything that ails them. But the visitor also helps get rid of some of the town’s more sordid secrets and as the summer progresses life becomes complicated and dangerous for the herbalist and his devotees. A rich multi-layered story of life in 1930s Ireland told through the eyes of four women, each of whose lives is changed irrevocably by the herbalist."

Patricia Deevy, Editorial Director, Penguin Ireland said, ‘I’m absolutely thrilled to have bought Niamh’s dazzling novel. Niamh vividly conjures both the warmth and the darkness of life in a provincial Irish town during those years before the Emergency. In particular, she handles the now familiar shadow side of Irish life – the rigid social stratification, the fear of sex, the double standards – in a wholly fresh and confident way. Her characters are fascinating women and she has written a thought-provoking, moving and viscerally engaging novel that marks her out as a remarkable and original new talent.’

... and I'll be reading from The Herbalist at the Novel Fair 2013 Launch on June 27th at the Irish Writer's Centre !


From Irish Publishing News:
Penguin Ireland Signs Hennessy XO Winner

From Carry On Writing @ Writing.ie
Journalist & Author Hazel Gaynors Blog

From Book2Book:
 Penguin Ireland Is Delighted To Announce The Acquisition Of The Herbalist By Hennessy Award Winning Author Niamh Boyce 


29 comments:

  1. Wow! Penguin no less! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Niamh, that is terrific news:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Orla
    Thanks, I'm delighted to be with Penguin:)

    Brigid
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful news, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Niamh, this is great news! Well deserved!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Niamh, Hope some of it rubs off......

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Niamh - this is utterly fantastic news - and the blurb sound so good. Also the enthusiasm of Penguin. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all the congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Much better than an easter egg!!! Super news niamh! Well done

    ReplyDelete
  10. Niamh - this is surely your year!
    Very well done & I can't wait to read "The Herbalist."

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations Niamh - that's super news!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations Niamh! That is a marvellous happening for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. congratulations. this sounds fabulous. how thrilled you must feel.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fantastic news, congratulations, sounds an interesting read too, something different! Wahoo!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What wonderful news, so thrilled! Well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Niamh!!! You are beautiful and wonderful!! I can't wait!! Where may I pre-order? Preferably a signed copy. Cough, cough, hint, ahem!! Yay!! Oh how exciting!!

    Oh wow!!! So so so so so happy for you!!!!

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations! Being able to read that is something to look forward to. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm thrilled for you, Niamh. Your premise sounds like something I'd want to read. And when it's out there, I will! YaY!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Niamh, I'm delighted for you. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations! This sounds like an amazing read...wish we didn't have to wait until 2013! Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for the comments:) Of course you can have a signed copy old kitty:)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations, Niamh on the success of your novel. With every good wish, James Lawless.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, hooray! What fantastic news! Yay yay yay!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What wonderful news. Many congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Niamh, many congrats. This is very, very exciting. Well, well done. Jumping up and down for you.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Still jumping up and done myself, thankyou to everyone who takes the time to comment, its really appreciated:)

    ReplyDelete
  27. congratulations! what an amazing, life altering/affirming opportunity! i wish you the best of luck with this one and the next one and the next one after that ...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!