Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Festivals & Readings from Her Kind this August


Greetings from my writing shed - 


I'm popping out to post word of some upcoming events.

I'm delighted let you know that I'll be bringing HER KIND - my novel based on the Sorcery Trial of Alice Kyteler; the first European witchcraft trial - to the following four festivals in August...

I've also added a Page for Book Clubs to this Blog, with Questions & Info about Her Kind - cast your eye to the right, and you'll see it :)



On Saturday 3rd August, at 5pm  -

I'll be in the Literary Tent at the uber cool  All Together Now Festival in WaterfordThe amazing Patti Smith is one of the acts!
Its a Special Book Club Extravaganza arranged by Waterford Library..
For more information and the line up - here

On Saturday 17th August at 11am

I'll be in the Parade Tower of Kilkenny Castle - the very building which houses the ancient jail where Alice Kytler and her alleged sect of witches were held! Its part of the amazing Kilkenny Arts Festival...
Tickets can be bought HERE, or at the Festival Office.



On Friday 23rd August at 7pm

I'll be in Graiguenamanagh Library
as part of Graiguenamanagh Town of Books Festival, reading and taking part in a Q & A with their brilliant Book club.




On Saturday 24th August at 4pm

I'll be reading alongside John MacKenna in Abbeyleix as part of inaugural The Power of Words FestivalThis is the first year of what promises to be a memorable festival, this year the festival celebrates poet Pat Ingoldsby. Tickets can be bought Here, & click Here to read more... 


Amanda Kelly who created POW, with the legendary Pat Ingoldsby 



And one more good thing... Brussels!
Her Kind is based on a real case, the sorcery trial of Alice Kytler - a Flemish moneylender who lived in medieval Kilkenny. I'm absolutely thrilled to have been invited to Belgium by Ambassador Helena Nolan. I'll be reading from Her Kind and chatting about the Flemish connections, on October 15th as part of the Embassy of Ireland Book Club - tickets can be booked Here



with Sheba in the shed - letting ourselves go :)

I'm reading at festivals later in the Autumn and will update the page then, in the meantime -  I'm writing a new novel from my new shed and trying to be offline & rustic for whats left of July ...  Have a great summer, happy reading to readers, happy writing to writers and happy resting to resters !   




No comments:

Still here...

Yes, I’m still here! And still writing... I decided to reawaken the blog as I miss its old style, slow style - which suits my own at the mom...