The Stony Thursday Book, one of Irelands longest running journals, is seeking poetry submissions from local, national and international poets for its next issue. Submissions are being sought in both English and Irish.
How to Submit:
- Each poet should send no more than 6 poems.
- Submitted poems must be previously unpublished.
- Submissions are being accepted by email and by post.
- When submitting poems in hardcopy please write your name and address on each page. Please mark envelopes: ‘The Stony Thursday Book 2014’.
- When submitting by email please reference ‘TSTB 2014’ in your subject line.
Send poems to:
The Stony Thursday Book 2014, Arts Office, Limerick City & County Council, City Hall, Merchant’s Quay, Limerick
Or by email to: email@example.com
Closing Date for Submissions: Friday 8th August 2014
Note on the Editor:
This year's editor is Peter Sirr. Peter has published eight collections of poetry with Gallery Press, including The Thing Is, 2009, winner of the Michael Hartnett Award, and a Selected Poems, 2005, also published in the US by Wake Forest University Press. He is also active as an editor, critic and translator. He has written drama and columns for radio, and Black Wreath, his first children’s novel will be published by the Irish publisher O’Brien Press in 2014. Currently, as well as writing, he teaches Literary Translation in Trinity College Dublin. He is a member of Aosdána.