Monday, August 30, 2010

Back To School

image from robertlpeterswebsite.com

So sad. I'm going to miss them little critters so much!


What lonely autumn mornings I'll spend writing.... maybe for up to three hours at a time, doing ghastly stuff- free wheeling flash fiction into brand new notebooks, rewriting my novel, and punishing myself with poetry, over and over...

Ugh! The thought of it tortures me terribly....

The only thang that'll keep me going is the fact that it's not forever ( and
the soothin comfort to be found in my darlin housework.)

13 comments:

Niamh B said...

My heart goes out to you, try to stay brave!

Words A Day said...

@Niamh B
It'll be a hard slog, but thankyou, I'll try...(chin up)

Martin said...

As you say, "..it's not for ever.." Hard not to miss them, though.

Old Kitty said...

:-) Oh I feel your pain! LOL!!

But not to worry - Christmas is just round the corner..!

Take care
x

Tess Kincaid said...

I've been free-wheelin' ever since mine flew the coop. Like Martin said, I do miss them, though.

Theresa Milstein said...

I feel your pain! Use this time to channel this sorrow into your work. I bet it's the interruptions you'll miss most of all.

Ann said...

Chin up...you can do it! I know you can.

Anonymous said...

Niamh, you are strong and will get through this difficult time of having some time and no cartoon stations blaring....you will just have to endure it, I know I am...

Niamh said...

Too true ... no cartoons, no interruptions, no little jabs to the side, no lilting pattern to that mom, mom, MOM! But its not forever, just a few hours a day, thank the lord.

Barbara Scully said...

Ha ha and hear hear

alexis nicole said...

Be Strong!
Can you believe this is September first already?? Halloween, then Thanksgiving and then...Christmas!
;)

Anonymous said...

I can come around and incesantly annoy you for hours if you like !! love reading your blog x

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

You make me laugh! Love it!

Still here...

Yes, I’m still here! And still writing... I decided to reawaken the blog as I miss its old style, slow style - which suits my own at the mom...